My Fifth Day At Camp

I woke up in the morning and the first thing I did was take some pills because I felt very unwell the previous night. I also took some pills at night because I had a headache and stomach ache. After that, I had a bit of cereal for breakfast, but I didn't have much appetite because I still felt unwell. After lunch, I washed the dirty dishes and cleaned the campsite because we were going to visit lava caves. Before heading to the lava caves, we conducted a process called bacterial isolation, which basically involves placing bacteria obtained from rivers into separate samples to determine the types present in those rivers.
Once that process was completed, we headed to the lava caves where our guides for the day greeted us: Sophia, Cynthia A, and Alex, who led us through the caves. They explained that the lava caves were cold and quite acidic. We were also informed that if we found a centipede, it would be a small gift. They provided us with lamps to illuminate the cave as it was very dark, and indeed, the cave was impressive. It was the first time I entered such a large cave filled with sand, and it was extensive. We reached the end where there was a warning not to proceed further due to sandy conditions.
After leaving the cave, we visited a local museum where we recorded interesting data about the area. For example, 10,000 years ago, sagebrush sandals were discovered in Fort Rock Basin, known as Oregon's oldest and the world's oldest dated shoes. After the museum visit, we had lunch and waited for a bus to our next destination. After lunch, we climbed a volcano to observe the surroundings. I also had the opportunity to climb a lookout tower used to detect fires in the area; we learned about its operation.
Once we descended, we visited a nearby river where I appreciated its beauty. If I hadn't taken that walk, I would have regretted it because the river was stunning. Afterward, we said goodbye to our guides and went to take a bath.
Later in the afternoon, we attended a piano concert and ate pizza while listening to the music. At that point, I was very tired and tried to rest a bit during the concert, although I couldn't sleep. After the concert ended, we had dinner at a lively restaurant called PAPI CHULO, which had music and painted murals. The food was excellent; I ordered three tacos. Finally, we returned to the camp where I took a short walk before going to bed. It was a satisfying day, despite being exhausting.






Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

My thirteenth day at camp.

My Seventh Day At Camp

My Ninth Day At Camp